Thursday 24 April 2014



  
ELECTION-2014
                                         courtesy : google image

Words rock and roll
My country goes to poll
The political tongue
Full of harangue
From beings without a soul
My country goes to poll
We follow the monkey trail
Chanting the promises so frail
Made by beings without soul
My country goes to poll
          
(Read somewhere “democracy without education is hypocrisy without limitation”…full-fledged election campaign is going on in India....as we are helplessly watching media blaring out
their wisdom these lines came to my mind)

Posted for Björn’s prompt Poetic journalism - “dagsvers” @ d’Verse

8 comments:

  1. and they will sell us what we want to hear....hopefully people take the time to educate themselves and vote on issues not some flashy personality...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wrote a poem yesterday called "politicians always lie." I sometimes think that elections just trade one corrupt government for another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. often politicians make too many frail promises indeed... ugh...i wish they would keep their words..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well-written assessment of the policical world we're forced to live in. I guess politicians and media are the same no matter what part of the planet you're from. That makes me one sad Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how easy people are to lead... But still so much better than the alternative,,, no voting and dictatorship...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you say it all! Unfortunately, this is the case in most countries, it would seem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope for a better tomorrow for India!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never believe what politicians promise during election time - but I live in hope...
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for stopping by and sharing your valuable thoughts.........